If you’re a gardener, you know that there’s a lot of work to be done in order to keep your garden looking its best.
Pruning, trimming, and sawing can all be time-consuming tasks – but what if there was a way to make them easier?
Enter the electric chainsaw but are they any good?
If you’re looking for a powerful and efficient way to cut through wood, an electric chainsaw is definitely worth considering. They’re perfect for smaller projects and can easily take down branches or logs up to 12 inches in diameter.
They’re much more lightweight and easy to handle than gas-powered chainsaws, making them a great option for those who are new to using this type of tool.
Electric chainsaws are also a lot more affordable than their gas-powered counterparts, so they’re a great option if you’re on a budget.
Are electric chainsaws safer than gas powered ones?
The reality is that an electric chainsaw is still a chainsaw, making it dangerous if it is used incorrectly or irresponsibly.
An electric chainsaw can cause plenty of damage and is just as dangerous as a gasoline powered device.
The only ‘safer’ aspect is that an electric chainsaw does not produce fumes but, with a cabled electric device you run the risk of cutting through the cable.
So, in real terms of safety, there isn’t a great deal of difference – you need to be careful when using one.
Are electric chainsaws powerful?
Electric chainsaws are not as powerful as gas-powered chainsaws, but they can still get the job done.
They’re perfect for smaller projects and can easily take down branches or logs up to 12 inches in diameter.
If you need a chainsaw that is more powerful, then you may want to consider a gas-powered model.
But, for the average homeowner, an electric chainsaw will be more than adequate for most tasks.
How long do electric chainsaws last?
Electric chainsaws are not as durable as gas-powered chainsaws, but they will last for a few years with regular use.
If you’re looking for a chainsaw that will last for a long time, then you may want to consider a gas-powered model.
Is a rechargeable electric chainsaw any good?
A rechargeable electric chainsaw is a great option if you don’t want to deal with the hassle of cords.
They’re perfect for smaller projects and can be useful for tidying up the outdoor area, particularly in hard to access spots.
They are often lighter than gas powered saws and modern batteries can provide good usage times between charges.
The key disadvantage is that unlike gas powered chainsaws or cabled electric chainsaws, the battery powered devices can only be used for a limited period of time – before they need recharging.
If you have a lot of work to do then a gasoline powered or cabled electric chainsaw is the sensible option.
3 Great Electric Chainsaws
BLACK+DECKER Electric Chainsaw, 18-Inch, 15-Amp, Corded
This BLACK+DECKER Electric Chainsaw is perfect for anyone looking for a lightweight chainsaw that is still powerful.
With its 18 in. bar and chain, this chainsaw can make smooth, fast cuts with ease.
The 15 Amp motor provides optimal performance when making demanding cuts, while the tool-free chain tensioning system makes it easy to adjust the chain without any extra tools.
The chain break also helps to keep you safe during use.
And finally, the automatic oiling system ensures that the bar and chain are always well-lubricated.
- SMOOTH, FAST CUTS – OREGON Low-kickback 18 in. bar and chain help make every cut seamless.
- LIGHTWEIGHT DESIGN – Electric chainsaw is easier to maneuver in different cutting orientations.
- POWERFUL MOTOR – 15 Amp motor for optimal performance when making demanding cuts.
- TOOL-FREE CHAIN TENSIONING – Make fast and easy chain adjustments without needing any extra tools.
- CHAIN BREAK – For optimal safety during use.
Oregon CS1500 18-inch 15 Amp, Self-Sharpening Corded Electric Chainsaw
Oregon’s CS1500 18-Inch 15 Amp, Self-Sharpening Corded Electric Chainsaw is one of the first corded electric chainsaws on the market with a chain that can sharpen itself – perfect for DIYers and homeowners.
This tool has all of the features you need to get your job done quickly and efficiently.
The built-in PowerSharp self-sharpening system minimizes downtime by allowing you to sharpen your chain on the saw in 3 to 5 seconds.
Longer lasting 18″ (45cm) guide bar with built-in LubriTec oiling system for less bar oil consumption.
The CS1500 also has a side-access chain tensioner for quick and easy adjustments.
- Powerful performance: 15A electric chainsaw with integrated self-sharpening system (PowerSharp). The perfect chainsaw for homeowners and DIY, with long-lasting 18-inch guide bar
- Built-in PowerSharp self-sharpening system minimizes downtime by sharpening your chain in 3 to 5 seconds. Ergonomic design features Chain Brake for safety. Lightweight design.
- Tensioning without tools: Allows you to adjust your chain quickly and easily so that you can maintain the perfect tension, for the ideal cut, with next to no maintenance
- Instant startup: Corded electric chainsaws gets to work immediately. Low noise: makes less noise than a gasoline chainsaw. No assembly required, chainsaw comes pre-assembled. UL Certified & comes with 2-year warranty
- Automatic lubrication: Automatic oiling system that provide continuous lubrification to the bar & chain from the oil tank. It keeps the chain lubricated for less friction, to extend the life of your chain even in harsh environments
Maxlander Electric Chainsaw Corded 18 Inch Electric Chainsaw
The Maxlander Electric Chainsaw Corded 18 Inch Electric Chainsaw is a lightweight, tool-less tension, auto lubrication and 1 YEAR PRODUCT WARRANT chainsaw.
It features an excellent cutting performance with 16 m/s chain speed.
It has a safety switch button to prevent accidental starting of the machine.
The motor is designed in such a way that it reduces vibration to give you comfortable operation while working over extended period of time.
This corded electric chainsaw comes with an oil pump for automatic lubrication of the saw blade during work.
It also contains a built-in chain brake for safety.
- 【18’’ Corded Chainsaw】 – Electric chainsaw 18 inch comes with 3/8 chain pitch and 0.050 chain gauge. 15 AMP electric chainsaw corded with 16m/s high chain speed perfect for wood cutting. Also with 18 inch bar, corded chainsaw maximum cutting length up to 15 inch, easily handle the wood in farm backyard garden ranch.
- 【Excellent Cutting Performance】 – Power chain saws for trees wood cutting can easily handle the 4×4 pressure treated wood. Electric chainsaw corded is special for cutting trees limbs up to 34 inch in diameter.
- 【Auto Oiler for Lubrication】 – Maxlander corded chainsaw equipped with auto chain oiler lubrication reducing the friction for the better smoothly cutting. And electric chainsaws corded also prevent overheating during the difficult cutting process, extending chainsaw lifetime. NOTICE: please empty out the oil after cutting or before place the machine.
- 【Lightweight & Tool-less Tension】- Maxlander corded chainsaw is lightweight, only 12 lbs, is easy to handle and operate. Ergonomic double handle design eases the muscle fatigue. Electric chainsaw corded with tool- less tension keeps the chain stick to the bar with low kick-back to keep the workers safe.
- 【1 YEAR PRODUCT WARRANTY】- All of our products come with a 12-month free warranty. If the package is damaged due to shipping, warehouse packing, parts are lost or damaged please contact us to let us solve the issues to meet your needs.
Using a saw for the garden jobs can be time consuming and physically draining which is why electric chainsaws are a great option.
They’re perfect for smaller projects and can be useful for tidying up the outdoor area.
Rechargeable electric chainsaws are a great option if you don’t want to deal with the hassle of cords.
They’re perfect for use in hard to access spots due to their portability and lighter weight.